Mercury 662 SCi Sterndrives – The all-new EU662 SCi engine package, featuring Mercury Racing's revolutionary NXT¹® transmission and drive, was developed exclusively for sale to all countries that fall under the European Union Recreational Craft Directive(RCD).
The RCD consists of strict exhaust emissions and noise regulations for both two-stroke and four-stroke recreational marine engines. Regulations for compression ignition and four-stroke spark ignition engines were initiated on January 1, 2006. The 662 SCi is the highest horsepower marine sterndrive engine certified for sale in the EU.
It shares all of the game changing technology as its North American cousin – the 700 SCi. Engine packages come standard with the NXT¹® drive for both close-couple and drive-line installations.
The new NXT6 SSM drive, featuring the dry-sump Six drive coupled to the NXT¹® transom plate and the dry-sump NXT¹® transmission, is available for selected hulls that require the drives to be mounted higher on the transom for maximum efficiency and optimal boat performance.
- Active torque management via an electronic boost bypass control valve ensures consistent 600 horsepower in a variety of conditions and environments.
- New power steering reservoir provides higher volume and less flow resistance for multi-engine installations.
- Larger 5/8 ID oil lines increase oil flow through the filter & cooler for enhanced engine protection.
- “Cool collar” Sweeper Headers feature a new alloy for enhanced saltwater corrosion resistance and durability.
- The intercooler is made of copper-nickel alloy called “CuproNickel” for excellent corrosion resistance.
- Closed cooling system
- To improve packaging and reduce fuel connections, a custom billet housing was created to accommodate the fuel pressure regulator and water separating fuel filter.
- Features the dry-sump NXT¹® drive and transmission designed and developed exclusively by Mercury Racing.
- Unique drive design enables engine to be mounted in same location as Bravo drive applications.
- Custom designed high flow throttle body features twin 2.9 inch throttles and is integral to the boost bypass loop.
- Features active torque management via PCM's electronic boost bypass control valve.
- Higher fuel pressure demands are met with a new electric fuel pump. The engine is also equipped with fuel cooling and a mechanical pump to combat vapor lock.
- Custom Edelbrock aluminum cylinder heads designed exclusively for Mercury Racing for enhanced torque and overall performance
- New induction alloy Micro Alloy crankshaft features larger journal radii for enhanced strength and durability.
- New connecting rods are longer and feature a floating wrist pin.
- SmartCraft PCM microprocessor
- 14-pin Deutsch connector engine harness. Ignition and SmartCraft wiring are included in one connector.
- Available in an array of custom color options in addition to the standard Mercury Racing blue metallic.