Mercury Marine is pleased to announce the release in Australia and New Zealand of VesselView Mobile.
VesselView Mobile provides boaters with SmartCraft engine data on their mobile device including smartphones and tablets.
Connect with your engine and be in the know.
VesselView Mobile operates via a module which is connected into the SmartCraft harness and transmits SmartCraft engine information, using Bluetooth, to iOS or Android mobile devices via the VesselView Mobile app.
VesselView Mobile can be used on any SmartCraft-capable engine – 40hp and up – built from 2003 onwards, and can handle single- to quad-engine applications.
By providing SmartCraft engine data right on the screen of a mobile phone or other device, VesselView Mobile makes preparing for and spending a day on the water easier, safer and more enjoyable by letting users perform a range of functions, including;
• Connecting to the SmartCraft data network in your boat via BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy 4.0)
• Seeing SmartCraft engine parameters like engine hours, fuel burn, water temperature, battery voltage, RPM, etc. (parameters are specific to each engine family).
• Getting fault code diagnostic information so you know and understand if a fault is urgent or can wait until you return to the dock.
• Monitoring fuel management for accurate fuel usage data along with fuel remaining plus indicate time and distance to empty, when the user enters fuel added via the app.
• Locating your nearest Mercury Marine dealer
• Getting points of interest information for your body of water, including fuel and restaurant locations, and more
• Recording a moment on the water for future reference
• Accessing checklists associated with your boating lifestyle
To receive the data, owners simply need to download the free VesselView Mobile app from the App Store or Google Play. This is now available in Australia and New Zealand.
It’s no wonder it recently won a prestigious IBEX innovation award.